Followers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lonley Dog and Roadkill

Okay, I know every dog in my neighborhood. One day, I saw a dog without a collar tied with rope to a tree. I didn't know this dog, but I went up to pet and stopped. I don't know if he had rabies or realy slobbery drool, but I did NOT pet him. Two days later he and the rope were gone. For all I know, he could have gotten free, the owner got him, or something else. Also, I could've been wrong, but still, it was a bit bad for someone to leave their dog like that.

I was walking home when my friend snd I saw roadkill THREE times. We saw three, cute squirrels get run over. They may not be house pets, but they are living, breathing animals that got killed. Just tell your parents too keep a look out for animals in the road. Poor squirrels. . . . . .

-Scarheart

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Something's wrong around my street, but it's perfectly legal! There are a few dogs outside (with water and food and shade under a tree) but they're restricted. They just sit out there ALL DAY!

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

If you think it's bad for a dog to be tied under a tree with only shade and water, you should see the conditions my grandmother, a breeder, keeps her dogs in. It's a few sad yips short of a puppy mill, let us say. I won't go into detail, but there are rows of metal and concrete kennels with two or three dogs each. They stay out there in all weather and never get to come out to walk. They do have food, water, and shelter, but it's hardly a life. Money is all that matters to her.

~~Silverstar

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

Oh, and I think most people try to avoid animals in the road. I don't think people will try to hit them on purpose, seeing as how even the meanest person should know that it will damage their car. The real problems on roads, at least where I live, is the sweet box turtles that people run over for fun. It's simple horrible! My parents once ran over a raccoon on our way home from the city. We just couldn't miss it. We felt bad about it, but sometimes it IS impossible to avoid animals in the road, especially when there is oncoming traffic and you can't swerve.

~~Silverstar

MadiShae said...

Poor turtles!

-Scarheart

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

Yes, I can't tell you how many times we've seen them splatted all over the road. And for what? Just existing. Box turtles don't cause any trouble and are sweet, harmless creatures.

The really bad thing is that for the last several years they've been vanishing. For a while they were everywhere, then each year there have been less and less. This year we only saw TWO. I think someone should make a post about the box turtles, seeing as how I can't become a team member.

~~Silverstar

Anonymous said...

Silverstar, if you like you can make a "fake" email at gmail or yahoo which you can make a "fake" blogger account to post as or set it as your email for your main account, then people can't see your real email. You still log in with your real address.