Followers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dog Fighting, Cock Fighting, and One Un-Won Challenge

Every day, a pit bull fights for its life in an arena with another pit bull. Every moment, two roosters stare each-other down until their owners pushes them forward for them to fight. Every time a bell rings, one of these species has died, and one species has won the challenge. Many gangs do these illegally. It all happens right under our noses, right in our own neighborhood, maybe even right next door.

My Pit Bull Rescue
______________
It was getting late, and my mom and brother had both went to bed. My dad and I were watching a movie, when two teenage girls knocked on the door. We opened the door to find that the teenagers were not alone. They had a box of pit bull puppies in their arms, and the mother of the pit bulls was standing right behind them. "Do you know who owns these dogs?" one of the girls asked. "No, I'm not sure." my dad replied. "Okay, sorry for bothering you." the girls walked away. They were just barely down the street when my dad walked out the door. I followed him and we went to see the puppies. They were so cute! It was obvious the mother used to fight. It had scars, and a large collar around its neck. It was as sweet as ever though. My dad offered to take the puppies and try to find the owners. We got our car, put the puppies in them along with the mother. We fed the puppies and gave them water. They ate so fast, the food bowl was sliding across the floor. I gave each puppy a short bath in the sink (they were about a month old) and we kept the mother in the laundry room (we have a big laundry room). The next day, our neighbor came over, and offered to help take care of them with us. That same day, we drove to a place called "Pit bull Paradise" and gave them the puppies and the mother. On the way their, one of the puppies kept puking everywhere, but stopped later on. I was so proud to know that I saved a family of Pit bulls. All I wanted to do that day though, was strangle the guy/girl who did this to their dogs.

That's my story! Another thing I want to tell you about is Cock fighting. Roosters are kept in rotten conditions, and are forced to fight other roosters until death. People place bets on their animal, and whoever wins, gets the money.

The Un-Won Challenge
__________________
Bull fighting! How horrible is it? Male bulls are tied up, teased, have their... er, "body parts" yanked, then forced to have a human on their back just so the humans will be knocked off! Please don't go to a Bull fight. Sure, you can't get more "Texas" than that, but it doesn't mean it's right.

No comments: